Thursday, December 2, 2010

DECEMBER IS HERE!!!

Ok, so I am a day late? We were decorating the tree last night and it took forever. Man it takes up so much time. I am so glad the kids are not in sports right now. We are actually able to have family time now without the hustle and bustle of practice and games. Thank goodness! The boys didn't really care to much for the decorating part. Hal sat on the couch to make sure the ornaments were spaced out correctly. ;)  He did come in handy when we could not reach the top. Thanks hunny! Abby and I worked and worked until we were happy with it. Then I told Hal to plug it in and guess what? YEP, he had not connected the plugs of our prelit tree yet. At no particular time during our decorating did he nor I think of this. OMG! Completely decorated with no lights. I remember last year having to lay under the tree to connect some of the plugs while Hal leaned it to the side. So it sits, still with no lights. Gotta getter done! Some way, some how. Hopefully in one piece and all the ornaments in tack. Pray for me.
So here is our tree. (Grant has already told me there is no star)  80% of ornaments are from Walmart. I passed by the ornament isle and I saw all these beautiful glittery ornaments. They were $1. Gorgeous and $1? I forgot my old ones and real quick. 
 We had a very special friend come and stay with us today. She is sooooooo sweet. So quiet. I could just eat her up. Abby loves to hold her. Abby will make a great mom someday. She is so patient with children, just not her siblings. It's supposed to be that way, right? That is what I keep hearing. I also hear, it gets better with time. I hope some things I hear are true.  ;) 
 Here is a picture of my boys putting the two ornaments they contributed before running back to their room to play the DSi. Just keeping it real.:):) I wish I could say we were all gathered in the living room singing Christmas carols and drinking hot chocolate while decorating the Christmas tree. But no, I had to call for the boys to come in and pose for my December daily album.              And to top it off , I couldn't even surprise them with the lights.:(  Oh well.                                                                  
    
I tried my hand in the flower necklaces. I couldn't sleep one night and for some reason I couldn't get this necklace off my mind. So I stayed up late and had to try.
Like it?
 Then the next day I just had to make one with Christmas colors. Love it! I am hooked. Mine are smaller than some I have seen. I like it that way. I don't think I could get away with the bib looking ones. Too big. I like them, they are just too young for me. Not that I am an old fart, you just have to have that look for the big ones. I would love to make them for Christmas gifts for the teachers, but I am afraid they might not be familiar with them. But then again, they may. We'll see. 
I need more fabric so I can experiment with all colors. It's not good, cause I'm hooked. Did I say that already? I told you!!!

Trying to keep up with  my December daily and the Inspiration Everywhere class by Jessica Sprague. I love it. And it's Free!!!! I will definitely be taking more of her classes. Free or not. She has you think outside the box. And best of all, Abby is doing it with me. It is so neat to see my 10 yr old really THINKING of her fav. inspirational songs and what her hand print means. She amazes me. She is growing up so fast and I am so glad we are able to stop and enjoy each other outside the daily grind.  I will get some pics up soon.

Kellie

3 comments:

Christy said...

Your tree looks awesome! I hope everything works out okay with your lights. Bless your heart!
Your necklace came out great!! I've seen them but yet to try it myself. Love the fabric colors you choose.

Michelle Whitlow said...

What?? You weren't standing around the tree decorating it while singing Christmas carols?? My image of your family is totally blown! hehe Tree looks great. Love those necklaces...esp the Christmas one. Feel free to make me one for Christmas if you want ;)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

They look so proud - ADORABLE! Looks beautiful.